FL-GAPNA Scholarship Award
This announcement has 1 attachment:
$1500 Scholarship Award for Outstanding Advanced Practice Nursing Student
The FL-GAPNA CHAPTER of the Gerontological Advanced Practice Nurses Association (GAPNA) seeks to recognize one outstanding RN student currently enrolled in an advanced practice nursing (APRN) program. This award is for a student who exemplifies the goals of FL- GAPNA by demonstrating a commitment to gerontological nursing and improving the care of older adults.
The award recipient will receive an email by April 1, 2020, and the $1500.00 check will be presented at our "Leading the Way in Caring for the Older Adult Conference" Saturday, April 25th.
Deadline: March 1, 2020. All materials must be submitted by this date.
Awarders: FL-GAPNA Board of Directors
- Already licensed as an APRN
Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the APRN student must submit all of the following criteria before the deadline:
- Proof of registered nurse license in Florida
- Proof of enrollment in an APRN Master’s degree or Doctorate program in good standing
- Curriculum Vitae
- Two professional references (Maybe attached in a brief letter that includes reference’s contact information and signature)
- Attached Scholarship Application
A one-page statement by the student addressing:
- Career goals
- At least 2 examples of how the applicant has advocated for quality care of older adults.
- How APRN’s can promote communication and collaboration among health care providers.
Please send completed items to email@example.com
Please call or email Michelle Lewis at 321-536-9089 or at the above email address with any questions.
Michelle Lewis, MSN, APRN, FNP-BC, GNP-BC