FL GAPNA $1500 dollar scholarship.
This announcement has 1 attachment:
FL-GAPNA Scholarship Award
$1500 Scholarship Award for Outstanding Advanced Practice Nursing Student
The FL-GAPNA CHAPTER of the Gerontological Advanced Practice Nurses Association (GAPNA) seeks to recognize one outstanding student currently enrolled in an advanced practice nursing (APRN) program. This award is for a student who exemplifies the goals of FL- GAPNA by demonstrating a commitment to gerontological nursing and improving the care of older adults.
The award and a $1500.00 check will be presented at the April 27-28, 2018 “Leading the Way in Caring for the Older Adult” Conference in Orlando, FL. Winners must accept scholarship award at the meeting.
Deadline: March 1, 2018. All materials must be submitted by this date.
Awarders: FL-GAPNA Board of Directors
APRN students must complete and submit the application for this award.
Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the APRN student must submit:
- proof of registered nurse license in Florida
- proof of enrollment in an ARNP Master’s degree or Doctorate program in good standing
- Curriculum Vitae
- Completed application.
- Two references (May be attached in brief letter or phone contact with contact information)
- A one page statement by the student addressing career goals and the award criteria
The scholarship will be awarded based on student’s one page statement addressing the award criteria:
- Describes examples of how the applicant has advocated for quality care of older adults.
- Explains how ARNP’s can promote communication and collaboration among health care providers.